We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our Cloud Platform team and use the best-fitting technologies to build our outstanding end-to-end asset inspection solution.
Sharper Shape’s CORE is our go-to platform for utilities to model their network. This digital model is based on data captured from drones and helicopters and is built with an extensive data processing pipeline including models created with Machine Learning.
The digital twin containing assets and vegetation can be further visualized and inspected on our Frontend as a 2D map or in 3D. Sharper Backend sits in between providing centralized data management and access to all of our data feeds from drones and helicopters, modeling and supporting our data processing pipelines.
We offer highly interesting and challenging tasks. Our domain includes capturing, geo-referencing, analyzing, and processing gigabytes of 3D point cloud and imaging data near real-time and visualizing results with a modern web UI.
We are looking for:
Experienced team member to our growing Cloud Platform team where we build and maintain the base of Sharper Shape’s cloud-based product offerings. As a team member, you will be participating in drafting key architectural decisions and working hands-on to implement those.
Your responsibilities as part of the cloud platform team:
- Architect cloud solutions to meet business requirements.
- Maintain (and refactor) existing cloud implementations to ensure following best practices and security.
- Hands-on participation in software development to integrate cloud-native solutions with existing applications.
- Build internal tooling and solutions for the rest of the development teams with a focus on great developer experience.
- Monitor and increase the cost-efficiency of the data processing pipelines
Needless to say, everything to our actual environments will be done by using version control (Git) and chosen infrastructure as code tools (mainly Terraform with some minor AWS CDK stacks).
Currently, our primary tech stack consists of somewhat industry-standard tools like HashiCorp Terraform, AWS EKS, GitHub Actions, FluxCD, and various other AWS services like SQS and Lambda. As the Cloud Platform team, we’re constantly evaluating new ways of implementing our duties while at the same time focusing on general maintainability.
Preferably the person we’re looking for has:
- Opinions backed by prior experience to how solutions should be built
- Deep knowledge of at least one major cloud provider platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience building cloud-native solutions where components are treated as a kettle as opposed to a pet
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes or cloud provider-specific platforms.
- Understanding at least one imperative programming language, which helps you to understand the rest of the languages in our toolbox.
- Great communication skills in English
Here is what we can offer you:
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
- Position with a lot of flexibility and possibility to focus and grow in specific areas
- A remote-friendly and multi-cultural environment where you can be yourself
- When you’re visiting the office to have a great face-to-face time with your colleagues, there are electric vehicle charging capabilities to help you to cut your carbon footprint
The position is preferably based in the Helsinki area, Finland, but working remotely within the EU area is also possible.
We will read applications upon arrival and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found. For further information, please contact Juhani Helske, by sending an email to email@example.com.
Sharper Shape is a technology company, founded in 2013, where programming is at the core. The company serves electricity distributors around the world, performs modeling and measurements of electricity networks, and instructs on how to maintain them. The company’s staff consists of many nationalities. We are developing new features, integrating new sensors, and making technological leaps almost on a daily basis. No day is like another!
We work with state-of-the-art technologies, such as drones, AI/ML, Big Data, Cloud, etc. and we work on technical calculation and sensor technologies. Most of the company’s sales are handled through the US sister company and most of the product development, as well as production, take place in Finland. The company’s working language is “broken English” due to the fact that the customers are mostly abroad, and our colleagues represent more than 15 countries.
Developed with utilities, for utilities, Sharper Shape offers a holistic and proactive approach to utility inspection automation for asset and vegetation management. Adapting to the challenges, needs, and capabilities of each utility, promoting overall safety, quality of data, and efficiency. Our vegetation analysis helps prevent wildfires. Combining the advantages of automated aerial data collection, with the power of our proprietary AI-based Sharper CORE for analysis and forecasting, we deliver fast and prioritized actionable reports – using our sharper intelligence, to create a safer world. Our goal is to secure the availability of electricity for the end users!